Monday, January 4, 2010

"Lazy American Students"

1. Professor Miller's assement about listening to music, texting, and other electronic distractions is right on. I know based on some students that texting and listening to music during class causes them to not understand or know what is going on around them. I know when I'm home I am easily distracted by music and online websites such as facebook. I believe it is a matter of procrastination that makes some of us so lazy, and the fact that most of it is not interesting to us. Some believe that it isn't even worthy to us to learn most things in school. I think that if teachers made it more interesting than their might be more of interest to do work.



2. I see getting a college education as an opportunity to learn more for your choice of job career and to become experienced for the real world, but I believe most believe it is an opportunity to get a good job, and in some cases looked down upon if you do not attend college. I believe teachers and parents want their children to succeed to become successful people. I know my parents want me to become successful and to do better than they did. My parents even told my brother and I they would work 5 jobs in order to pay off our college tuition.



3. In some classes I believe that teachers are preparing us students to succeed in colleges, but in other classes it seems as though teachers don't care. I have 6 cousins in college, and some are in grad school that have I think prepared me more than some of my classes and teachers. And I as well have visited some colleges that have given a lot better insight and understanding.



4. I want my structure of learning to be more interactive and students should recieve more feedback from teachers on grades. Most teachers I have had do not give us papers back until next term or until we ask for them. Some however don't even bother to give them back at all. I think that the feedback gives us a insight on how we are doing and what we need to work on. Some teachers should structure some material the way colleges do to give us insight, and I do not believe teachers should baby us. That I think will not help us in college.



5. I believe it is important to learn the structure of college and what it might be like. For example setting up some material like college will give us better insight and prepare us for what college will be like.



6. I'm willing to work hard. I'm determined to work hard to get what I want and where I want to be. I've always grown up with my parents instilling it on my brother and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment